press hardware back button in Coded Unit Test RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Claudio69,

I assume that you meant Coded UI test. Currently I don’t have environment to test windows phone 8.1 emulator using coded UI test. Please drag the crosshair on the back and home button in Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator to check whether Coded UI can recognize them and you can add them into UIMap.

If Coded UI does not recognize the back and home button there, you can’t use the back and button control in coded UI for actions and playback, then you can’t emulate the press action of the back and home button in coded UI test.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 14, 2014 9:02 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:47 AM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 8:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Claudio69,

I assume that you meant Coded UI test. Currently I don’t have environment to test windows phone 8.1 emulator using coded UI test. Please drag the crosshair on the back and home button in Windows Phone 8.1 Emulator to check whether Coded UI can recognize them and you can add them into UIMap.

If Coded UI does not recognize the back and home button there, you can’t use the back and button control in coded UI for actions and playback, then you can’t emulate the press action of the back and home button in coded UI test.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Amanda Zhu Friday, November 14, 2014 9:02 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:47 AM
    Friday, November 14, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Just invoke this in your code

Device.HardwareButton.Back();

/TrueCaller

Thursday, May 7, 2015 12:59 PM