Sending Database Mail with SMTP Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm trying to setup a notification email to be sent on completion of my SQL jobs.  The client I'm at uses mail through a different provider that I don't have access to so I created an SMTP server in the environment just to push out emails from SQL.  When I try sending a test email through SQL I get the message that my "e-mail has been queued for processing..."  and then I never receive the email.

I have tried:

Created an account for Database Mail

Allow relay for the IP of the SQL server on the SMTP server

Disabled all firewalls

Telnet'd to port 25 on the SMTP server to verify that it's communicating on that port

I'm not sure where I can view these queued messages to possibly find out the error that they are receiving.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mike

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hi mTooki,

Please refer to this article: Troubleshooting Database Mail: Mail queued, not delivered to troubleshoot it. 

We can use sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail' ; in the msdb database to check the status of the mail queue. Besides, please check the Database Mail Log to get some related error message. Please right-click on the Database Mail and select View Database Mail Log to check it.

Best Regards,

Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Teige Gao Monday, March 26, 2018 9:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:29 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:19 AM