Samsung Tablet 3G Mobile Broadband Not Showing Up in Networks Panel

Question

• I have one of the Samsung tablets from BUILD with the built in ATT 3G.  When I first got it, it worked fine, however about 3 reboots later or so, the device doesn't show up under Networks (as in, the ATT connection does not even show up).  I did what any Windows 8 person would do and went to Control Panel->General->Refresh.  After the refresh, the ATT connection showed up right away and connected with no issues.
    Again, the same thing happened after a few boots, and I did another Refresh that made it come back again.  I am on my 5th Refresh now and it is getting really annoying to Refresh the system to get my 3G back.
    I tried using the Network Adapter troubleshooter, and here are two screenshots I got.  I have no idea how to set it to autoconnect.

I also coded something in Visual Studio to output the device info and it is as follows:
    Key: System.ItemNameDisplay Value: Mobile Broadband Account Binding
    Key: System.Devices.DeviceInstanceId Value: SWD\MBAE\{49C4953A-15F3-4D87-8C77-987FA1966774}
    Key: System.Devices.Icon Value: c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\devicemetadatacache\dmrccache\en-us\dba26e86-8d8b-4b06-829b-cdd1676be474\ServiceInformation\ATTGlobe.ico
    Key: System.Devices.InterfaceEnabled Value: True
    Key: System.Devices.IsDefault Value: False
    Any ideas as to how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Ken Harding

kanno41 :)
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:24 PM

Answers

• kanno41,

Have you try reset to see if that will fix the issue?   Make sure you save your data off the tablet first.

1. tap on Control Panel
    2. tap on General
    3. tap on Get started on Reset your PC and start over.
    4. follow the on screen guide.
    • Marked as answer by kanno41 Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:21 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• kanno41,

Have you try reset to see if that will fix the issue?   Make sure you save your data off the tablet first.

1. tap on Control Panel
    2. tap on General
    3. tap on Get started on Reset your PC and start over.
    4. follow the on screen guide.
    • Marked as answer by kanno41 Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:40 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:21 PM
    Answerer
  • I was having problems with the system.  Refresh did not help so, rather than Reset, I ran the setup from the USB key.  There is no setup app for ATT 3G.  Where can I access that?

Thanks,

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:17 PM
  • I have the same problem. ATT gave us a handout with a phonenumber to call (their support), but no one at ATT knows anything about Win8, the ATT app or this tablet.

I do see the "GlobeTrotter MO67xx" device in control panel. Right clicking it to connect, just brings up the right side panel with network connections. However here I only see "Wi-Fi" and the "Mobile Broadband" part is missing from this list.

Running the ATT app just shows error "Error: No Error". According to the ATT support guy, he could see the device registering with the ATT network, but no data is going through the connection.

Windows.Networking.NetworkOperators.obileBroadbandAccount.GetAllNetworkAccountIds(); return an empty list too :(

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:30 PM
  • Morten Nielsen,

Take a look at this thread link below and see if those troubleshoot steps help your issue.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/samsungpcgeneral/thread/52985bd8-44f0-495b-ac92-b47c76d6ab71/#2f2cf705-2922-44fe-bb30-4de8bac06d0c

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:33 PM
    Answerer
  • I did the reset a few days ago as you suggested and everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks!

Ken

kanno41 :)
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:41 PM