how to test a project in a usability lab? RRS feed

• Question

• everybody i am an entrepreneur, i have a business idea, i'm trying to make a prototype in expression blend of this idea. im doing it well, but there are two problems that i guess some of you might tell me some solution:

1. I need to test this proyecto in a usability lab, but i dont know if the test computers need some complement of needs to install or set up the expression blend. there any way to export the project to a format that could be reproduced in a browser without the necessity of install the expression blend in each computer?

2. There any way of see in real time the activity of each user using a tool of expression blend, or just need a tool like teamviewer?, thats way we need to see the coments of the users in the sketchFlow Player.

thank the personwho can answerme

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 4:00 PM

Answers

• Which platform are you using? WPF or Silverlight? I'm assuming from your post that you are creating a SketchFlow project.

For Silverlight, all you need is a web browser with the Silverlight plugin installed. The users can open the webpage created by the regular build, or File -> Export -> Package SketchFlow Project. (You can also use Publish to Sharepoint in SL SketchFlow).

For WPF, the machine would need to have the appropriate version of .Net installed, 4.0. You can then run the files from the directory produced by the File -> Export -> Package SketchFlow Project command.

For #2, there is nothing built in to Blend or SketchFlow to do that type of realtime monitoring. External solutions would be best. You can however import the feedback files back into Blend (or through the Sharepoint interop) to see the user feedback after they have completed.

• Marked as answer by SsouLlesS Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 6:01 PM