App is not present in windows store even after certification passed RRS feed

• Question

• I created a windows 8 app which is certified successfully on 12th April. It is listed in my dashboard "Apps in the Store" section. But unable to find my app in windows store. What may be the problem here? Thanks in advance. 

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:32 PM

Answers

• Finally, able to figure out the actual problem :)

Generally, your home location for your PC is set to United States. So all your settings including windows store apps you see in Windows Store are specific to U.S market. If your app is not published for the U.S market then you can't find that in the store. So you need to change the region to targeted region.

How to make sure the home location for your PC is correctly set to your country or region

1.  In the Charm bar search box, enter region, tap or click Settings, and then, in the results, tap or click Region.
    2. Tap or click the Location tab.

3. If the location isn't correct, select your location from the list, tap or click Apply, and then tap or click OK.

Now you can find your app in the Windows Store.

• Marked as answer by smsagar Friday, April 19, 2013 4:41 PM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 4:41 PM

All replies

• Please verify that, weather you selected the option "Publish after certified" or not... And try to find publish option in your apps options page and try to publish it.

Thanks & Regards

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:41 PM
  • Thanks for your response.

I selected Release as soon as it passes certification while submitting the App. And now, same is shown in the App option page also as - Available as soon it passes certification.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:54 PM
  • We see that a lot when publishing apps.  Even though the dashboard lists it as released into the Store (and technically it is there), it seems that computers don't always update immediately and it could take a number of hours before you actually see the updates.  For us, the update has always visually appeared in the Store within the same day as when Microsoft reported it as published.

actiprosoftware.com - Professional WPF, WinRT, Silverlight, and WinForms UI controls and components

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:03 PM
  • Thanks Bill for the info. My app targeted to India market and it has been 6 days when it cleared certification, still didn't came up in the store.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:26 PM
  • You should get a set of three emails over the publish lifetime, at least we have in the past.  The first is when you first submit, and they reply to tell you the submission was received.  Once the certification is complete, they email you to tell you they expect to release it at a certain time.  Then you get a final email once it's published to the Store.

After that last email, that's where it has sometimes taken a number of hours (but no longer than a day) for the update to appear in the Store on our machines.

If you've gotten that last email and it's been 6 days already, you might want to contact the Microsoft support directly for assistance.

actiprosoftware.com - Professional WPF, WinRT, Silverlight, and WinForms UI controls and components

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:33 PM
  • Thanks once again for the response. I already mailed Support team but didn't get any reply till now. Anyways, will send mail one more time. Thanks.
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:46 PM
  • Finally, able to figure out the actual problem :)

Generally, your home location for your PC is set to United States. So all your settings including windows store apps you see in Windows Store are specific to U.S market. If your app is not published for the U.S market then you can't find that in the store. So you need to change the region to targeted region.

How to make sure the home location for your PC is correctly set to your country or region

1.  In the Charm bar search box, enter region, tap or click Settings, and then, in the results, tap or click Region.
    2. Tap or click the Location tab.

3. If the location isn't correct, select your location from the list, tap or click Apply, and then tap or click OK.

Now you can find your app in the Windows Store.

• Marked as answer by smsagar Friday, April 19, 2013 4:41 PM
    Friday, April 19, 2013 4:41 PM