Roboticists' opinions of RDS RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello -

I monitor a popular hobby robotics forum. A new user posted a question about RDS. It's very interesting to see the responses from some seasoned, veteran roboticists. Several of these people are professionals in the industry. Check out what they have to say about Microsoft Robotics Studio.

http://forums.trossenrobotics.com/showthread.php?6174-Microsoft-Robotics-Developer-Studio

I like RDS, but MS needs to do a better job promoting and supporting it.

- CogswellCogs

Saturday, May 4, 2013 4:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the pointer.

It's always good to hear the public opinion...  positive and negative.

I think your observation about the steep learning curve is very accurate.  I think ROS faces similar challenges on that front.
    I like the folks at Trossen.  I think they do great things and have great products.

Again thanks for the heads-up and double thanks for being an RDS advocate!

Would you mind contacting me offline at "roboinfo at Microsoft" dot com.  You seem to have a lot of experience with RDS and I'd like to ask you some questions.

-Gershon

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:57 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the pointer.

It's always good to hear the public opinion...  positive and negative.

I think your observation about the steep learning curve is very accurate.  I think ROS faces similar challenges on that front.
    I like the folks at Trossen.  I think they do great things and have great products.

Again thanks for the heads-up and double thanks for being an RDS advocate!

Would you mind contacting me offline at "roboinfo at Microsoft" dot com.  You seem to have a lot of experience with RDS and I'd like to ask you some questions.

-Gershon

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:57 PM
  • Feel free to add more feedback to this thread.  I'm marking it answered as it is more of a discussion thread.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:57 PM