Win 8 Metro App can not work with MS CRM 2011?

Question

• Recently, I will use MS CRM 2011 SDK to work with Win 8 Metro App. But when I import “microsoft.xrm.client.dll” in the Win 8 Metro App project, It has an error message like the following picture.

My VS2012 language is Japanese.

This message means Metro App could not support CRM 2011?

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:56 AM

Answers

• Check with the CRM forums to see if they have an object for Windows Store apps or a web service that can be connected to.

Windows Store apps use a subset of the .Net Framework  (.NetCore) as described at .NET for Windows Store apps - supported APIs . Libraries such as Microsoft.xrm.client.com which rely on parts of the .Net Framework which are not available to Windows Store apps cannot be used.

Also, Windows Store apps in C++/Cx are not managed apps and do not use the .Net Framework. If you want to use a .NetCore profile DLL in your Windows Store app in C++/Cx you will need to wrap the DLL in a Windows Runtime Component. Again though, this requires that the managed DLL use the .NetCore profile and not the full .Net Framework profile.

--Rob

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:39 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

If you are using C# then you can add service reference of CRM service and then you can retrieve data from the CRM. The above issue might be because the dll contains methods which are synchronous.

Regards

Raja KPV

raja

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:16 AM
  • Hi Raja,

I have tested other C# project, such as ConsoleApp, WPFApp. These projects can import CRM dll and connect to CRM Online Server.

But When I import some CRM dll into Win 8 Metro App project , it has an error like the picture. 

The following is error message:

'D:\CRM_SDK\sdk_JP\bin\microsoft.xrm.client.dll' への参照を追加できませんでした。 プロジェクトは '.NETCore' を対象としていますが、ファイル参照は '.NETFramework' を対象としています。これはサポートされないシナリオです。

This message means can not add " microsoft.xrm.client.dll", the project use  .NETCore object. But  " microsoft.xrm.client.dll" use  '.NETFramework' object, so   "microsoft.xrm.client.dll" can no be supported.

Have a method to solve this situation?

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:30 AM
  • Check with the CRM forums to see if they have an object for Windows Store apps or a web service that can be connected to.

Windows Store apps use a subset of the .Net Framework  (.NetCore) as described at .NET for Windows Store apps - supported APIs . Libraries such as Microsoft.xrm.client.com which rely on parts of the .Net Framework which are not available to Windows Store apps cannot be used.

Also, Windows Store apps in C++/Cx are not managed apps and do not use the .Net Framework. If you want to use a .NetCore profile DLL in your Windows Store app in C++/Cx you will need to wrap the DLL in a Windows Runtime Component. Again though, this requires that the managed DLL use the .NetCore profile and not the full .Net Framework profile.

--Rob

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:39 AM
    Owner
  • Thanks ,Rob

I will check with the CRM forums.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:58 AM