none
Insert images in excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to insert images at current selection/a region of excel using task pane ?

I`m able to do this in word not excel 

Thanks,

Santosh Sutar

Friday, May 8, 2015 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I’m afraid the Apps for Excel didn’t provide the methods to insert a image so far. In Excel app, you could use setSelectedDataAsync method to write data to the current selection in the document, but the type for the parameter data for Excel is string, array and Table Data, you can’t pass html as the parameter. More detailed information you can get it here.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142145.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  

If this is a feature you want to include in future versions of Apps for PowerPoint, I suggest you submitting a feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by santosh sutar Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:04 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I’m afraid the Apps for Excel didn’t provide the methods to insert a image so far. In Excel app, you could use setSelectedDataAsync method to write data to the current selection in the document, but the type for the parameter data for Excel is string, array and Table Data, you can’t pass html as the parameter. More detailed information you can get it here.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142145.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  

If this is a feature you want to include in future versions of Apps for PowerPoint, I suggest you submitting a feedback to Office Development Platform User Voice.

Best Regards

Lan

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by santosh sutar Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:04 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 7:13 AM
  • Thanks Lanlan for confirmation on this.
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:05 PM