none
Visual Basic 17 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working with Visual Basic 2010 Express on my Desktop using Windows 10.  I need to know if I download and install Visual Basic 2017 on the same computer will there be any problems running both versions.  I have many applications that are currently running on the 2010 version but want to start getting my hands wet with the latest 2017 version.  I just want to make sure there wont be any issues and hoped that some of you being so familiar with VB can tell me.

Thanks Les

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have had two versions running without issue. Not those two in particular, (can't remember now which they were), but I *think* one of them was  2010.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 7:58 PM
  • Should be zero issues.

I've had up to three different releases of Visual Studio on my computer and no problems.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 8:21 PM
  • Visual Studios supports side-by-side installations of multiple versions.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 9:20 PM
  • Just for the record it is Visual Basic 15 which is included in Visual Studio 2017. 

VB17 does not (yet) exist. 

But nobody can guarantee what you ask. You can be the first. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:04 PM
  • There is a Visual Studio Forum for asking questions related to running multiple Visual Studios on a single system regardless of the language you want to use.

La vida loca

Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:47 AM
  • Hi Cor,

Yes thx for the reminder.  You do have a way with words <S>

Thx Les

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Thx Reed I appreciate it.

Les

Thursday, March 29, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you much for your input.  This forum is really got a lot of knowledgeable people.

Les

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:01 AM
  • Thx Reed

Les

Thursday, March 29, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hi Cor

I went to the Microsoft.com site and I only downloaded what they claimed was Visual Studio 2015 but when I went to run the install it said it was Visual Basic 14.  Any possibility you can provide me the link where I can download the most up to date version of Visual Basic??  I do not want a Trial Version but the version they offer for free.  I currently have Visual Basic 2010 on my system and very interested in learning the newest version.

Thanks Les

Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:36 AM