none
Updating relations in Linq To SQL is possible? RRS feed

• Question

• i need some functionality in my project and i dont know if its possible. here the pic with the relations: 

**i cant upload pictures yet so i put the dbml picture in the profile picutre :))

i need to update the keys relation table LessonByFacultyMember and the same keys in Scheduling table. i mean the keys LessonNumber,LessonCoursenumber,FacultyMemberId (LessonByFacultyMember table) and LessonNumber,CourseNumber,FacultyMemberId (Scheduling Table).

i just want to be clear that i mean the posibility to change the VALUE that stored in the keys dinamicly in some method.

it is possible to update this kind of relations?

Thank you very much.

Saturday, January 4, 2014 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hello,

>> i just want to be clear that i mean the posibility to change the VALUE that stored in the keys dinamicly in some method.

The image is too small that it is hard for us to know the relationships of these tables. However, I notice that all the fields are keys so that these fields should be foreign keys or primary keys in tables. Although we change the change the VALUE that stored in the keys dinamicly in some method, we will break ring data integrity and it is not recommended.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 6, 2014 9:54 AM