none
BindingNevigator does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I connected my database (MS Access) to VB.net and I designed a form to contain a table columns. In this form, BindingNevigator controls are automatically showed, but it does not work. The problem is exactly that the new record that I try to add does not exist when I run the project for the next time which means does not save in the database.

Thanks

Ali

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:20 PM

Answers

• I still don't know how to answer your question, you push a save button and the the record doesn't appear in the record.

It appears you are more asking for debugging help than anything in particular.

What does your save button actually do?

For saving data from a dataset in general, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171932.aspx

Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:34 AM

All replies

• I don't know how to answer your question without a better description.

When you added a new record

How did you save the changes back to the access database?

The DataSet is an in memory data structure and by itself won't save anything.

When you do save the changes back to the database, is the new record in the Added state?

Friday, October 24, 2008 5:01 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for your interest.

I tried to add a new record using save button of BindingNevigator. I mean I fill all fields and press save button, but when I check my database I could not find the record. Could you please help me

Regards

Ali

Saturday, October 25, 2008 9:25 AM
  • I still don't know how to answer your question, you push a save button and the the record doesn't appear in the record.

It appears you are more asking for debugging help than anything in particular.

What does your save button actually do?

For saving data from a dataset in general, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms171932.aspx

Sunday, October 26, 2008 2:34 AM
  •  

Hi Mark ,

Thank you very much. I'll read this information.

Regards Ali,

Sunday, October 26, 2008 5:25 AM