Opening subforms in 2003 vs 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy,
    Is there a difference in how A2003 and A2010 open forms and their sub-forms?
    I have a sub-form with a chunk of bad code that never got touched when the file was in 2003 and now that I moved it to 2010 it throws an error.  For now I'm removing it but I'd like to know if there is a new way that A2010 treats sub-forms.
    /Joe
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:47 PM

Answers

• There is no difference between, as far as I have seen, in the way the two handle subforms.  However, there is a difference the way they handle things like code.  For example, Access 2010 is less tolerant then Access 2003 and will throw up an error for things Access 2003 never cared about, which is probably what you are seeing.  Perhaps this...

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

...will help.  (Have no fear the above link also handles Access 2010!)

--
    Gina Whipp
    Microsoft MVP (Access)

Please post all replies to the forum where everyone can benefit.
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:31 PM

All replies

• There is no difference between, as far as I have seen, in the way the two handle subforms.  However, there is a difference the way they handle things like code.  For example, Access 2010 is less tolerant then Access 2003 and will throw up an error for things Access 2003 never cared about, which is probably what you are seeing.  Perhaps this...

http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

...will help.  (Have no fear the above link also handles Access 2010!)

--
    Gina Whipp
    Microsoft MVP (Access)

Please post all replies to the forum where everyone can benefit.
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Hi Joe,

How about the problem on your side? If you still show any concern on the problem, just feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:31 AM
  • For now I'd say I'm closing this question.  I removed the code in question and if it comes up elsewhere I'll come back and share.

Thanks Gina & Bruce for your help and concern.

/Joe

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:18 AM
  • Joe, thank you for your follow up. If you still have any problems, just feel free to let us know. We are glad to help with you.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:32 AM