web.config RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

I am new in sharepoint and I am trying to create a custom aspx page with C# scripting.

to enable the scripting, I have to modify the web.config file of my team site.

and the problem is that I don't know where to find that spedcific web.config file.

any ideas?

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi Christian,

Go to your site Virtual directory in IIS .Name of this folder will be same as your sharepoint port number.Inside this folder you will get your web application web.config file.

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Hello

it is located by default on the 

"C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80" folder (where 80 is the port number of your web application)

Best regards, Christopher. Mon Blog My Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi

It is located at 

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\[your port number]\web.config

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Christian,

Go to your site Virtual directory in IIS .Name of this folder will be same as your sharepoint port number.Inside this folder you will get your web application web.config file.

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Hello

it is located by default on the 

"C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80" folder (where 80 is the port number of your web application)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:19 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi

It is located at 

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\[your port number]\web.config

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Anuja Brahmbatt,

Can you just stop to copy the other answer and propose your copy as the answer...

thanks in advance...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:58 AM
    Answerer