none
ReportViewerControl Local Processing Mode---Creating Graphs RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the ReportViewer Control for the first time and I cannot figure out what is wrong with what I am doing.
    I wish to generate graphs on my asp page. I am using the reportviewercontrol (local processing mode) which have the data sources being called from methods in DAL.

ReportViewer2.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Local;
            ReportViewer2.LocalReport.ReportEmbeddedResource = "Report2.rdlc";
            ReportDataSource ds = new ReportDataSource();
            ds.Name = "DataSet2_DataTable1";
            ds.Value = MyMethod(id,numberOfresponses).Tables[0];----> MyMethod returns a dataset
            ReportViewer2.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(ds);
            ReportViewer2.LocalReport.Refresh();
            ReportViewer2.Visible = true;

There is nothing wrong with MyMethod() because I am using the same to show data in a Gridview control. But I have problems using the same with ReportViewer Control.

I added an empty ReportViewerWebControl.axd in the root file but still it does give me an error like this in all the reportviewer contorls I am using.

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

In Report2.rdlc I am defining the chart and values but I am passing the values from ReportViewer Datasource to the chart and DataSet2_DataTable1.I am not even sure if I am doing it in the right way but I just tried this following some tutorials.

Could you please suggest me how to make this work?

Thank You

Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:02 PM