Http - Intranet RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to use HTTP (Post/Get/etc) with an internal Url that isn't public facing? We've used gateways to local databases etc. But I've not seen anything related to internal web.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't understand your question since I assume you know about localhost. You might need to be more specific.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:55 PM
  • Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. If I used the Logic App HTTP component I can Post to a public facing Url or Api. Is it possible to post to an internal (non-public facing Url/Api)? 

To bridge the on-premise to Azure with Sql Server I can use the Data Gateway. Is there anyway to allow Azure to see an internal Url, similar to how the Data Gateway allows Azure to see Sql Server instances?

I hope that clarifies my question a little more.

Thanks

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:01 PM
  • Hi,

For WCF services, you can use Service Bus Relay, see the documentation.

Regards.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:14 PM
  • Hi,

You can use on-premise data gateway along with custom connector in azure to invoke your On-Prem API's .See the below msdn link for more information and process flow  .https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premise-apis/

Another approach is to white list the Logic App IP address based on your region and allow inbound traffic from Logic apps to your on premise services .

Region wise IP address is documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-limits-and-config 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

• Marked as answer by Brian52 Friday, December 15, 2017 12:57 PM
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:02 PM
  • There are A LOT of (too many) ways of bridging a on prem environment with Azure and the way to do it depends on the current IT environment (and usually CIO).

If you need to bridge an SQL Server database you can use the On Prem data gateway. If you are only using Logic Apps to access on prem data (say from a website) you can instead use something called "Hybrid Connections". 

If you work within an enterprise environment there might already be a best practise established, like VPN or reverse proxies.

These are just a few, you can also check out AD application proxy.

//Mikael Sand - Enfo Sweden If you find any post helpful, please mark it as such. If I answer your question, humor me with a thank you or mark as answer.

Friday, December 15, 2017 9:20 AM