CRL Extension - szOID_CRL_NEXT_PUBLISH RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone advise how to decode theszOID_CRL_NEXT_PUBLISH extension from the CERT_EXTENSION structure.

I have tried to decode using the FILETIME structure to no avail.

• Moved by May Wang - MSFT Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:32 AM windows desktop issue
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I help you move to windows desktop related forum for a better support.

Regards,

May

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 3:34 AM
  • Some vague ideas, OID is an object ID, CRL is a certificate revocation list, and what you see could be ASN.1, abstract syntax notation 1, explained in lots of RFCs (request for comments incl. IETF internet protocol standards) about certificates. Or in other words, you are not supposed to decode this, if you are no security guru; it's for some application supporting whatever it is.

Tip, try Wikipedia to get an overview, there are various formats to encode ASN.1, and a format supported by say Linux or Mozilla Firefox or Java might be totally unsuited for your purposes. There aren't many encoding formats, I vaguely recall DER and/or BER, and if you find some of these acronyms in Wikipedia the page might also tell you which applications or operating systems want that.

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:20 PM
  • This OID is a private Microsoft Extension, and is a proposed change and not listed in the current RFC
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:35 PM