none
Visual studio 15 preview installation size

Question

• hi,

i want to install and VS 15 preview 5 mainly to test the XAML edit and continue feature  .... <3

at the moment i have a very limited internet bandwidth and speed and i am wondering for something (please look at this image found on the web)

the install size indicate 418MB

is this the size of the files that need to be downloaded or the size of the files after extraction and install ?

i am developping a WPF app and in my case it show me 1.25GB

thanks .

Saturday, October 15, 2016 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hi  issam1975,

Sorry for misunderstand you before.

>>is this the size of the files that need to be downloaded or the size of the files after extraction and install ?

This answer is that the size is only the download size, you need additional space to allow to extract the files.

I have just installed it in my side, before installing, I have 12.4G free in my C driver. After installing the VS15 with .NET Desktop development components. It has only 9.03G free. So it takes up nearly 3.4G size instead the displayed 1.25G

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by issam1975 Monday, October 17, 2016 2:26 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi issam1975,

Thanks for your post.

>>is this the size of the files that need to be downloaded or the size of the files after extraction and install ?

As far as I know, the size is the install size include the files after extracton.

>>i am developping a WPF app and in my case it show me 1.25GB

If you want to develop WPF app in VS15 preview, you need to install the .NET Desktop development components as well. It requires nearly 1.2 GB space to install it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Sunday, October 16, 2016 3:55 AM
  • so i have to download  less in term of files size than what is displayed , right ?
    Sunday, October 16, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Hi  issam1975,

Sorry for misunderstand you before.

This answer is that the size is only the download size, you need additional space to allow to extract the files.

I have just installed it in my side, before installing, I have 12.4G free in my C driver. After installing the VS15 with .NET Desktop development components. It has only 9.03G free. So it takes up nearly 3.4G size instead the displayed 1.25G

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Marked as answer by issam1975 Monday, October 17, 2016 2:26 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 1:13 AM
  • ok that answer my question .

thanks a lot !

Monday, October 17, 2016 2:27 AM