none
BAM Interceptor for WF4 RRS feed

Answers

• It sounds to me like the BizTalk 2010 WF interceptor was just not rewritten to handle the changes to the WF functionality in .NET 4. I have not looked at the implementation for the interceptor but it is probably based off of workflow tracking which must have changed in .NET 4.

To make it work you would need to build a custom activity in your WF 4 workflow that would write to the BAM view. You might try using SQL profiler to determine which objects are called/saved by the interceptor for a .NET 3.5 workflow and then reproduce this in your .NET 4 workflow.

Another approach would be to expose a workflow service on .NET 3.5 to interact with the interceptor and then have the .NET 4 workflow call into it for tracking purposes.

I am not sure if you could use the Interop activity in WF 4 and then host a .NET 3.5 activity there that the BAM interceptor listens to but it would be worth a try.

Thanks, 

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Saeed,

You can use BAM API to track BAM data.

http://sandroasp.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!98A008F39B7BBF8E!553.entry

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa559502(BTS.70).aspx

Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:32 PM
  • It sounds to me like the BizTalk 2010 WF interceptor was just not rewritten to handle the changes to the WF functionality in .NET 4. I have not looked at the implementation for the interceptor but it is probably based off of workflow tracking which must have changed in .NET 4.

To make it work you would need to build a custom activity in your WF 4 workflow that would write to the BAM view. You might try using SQL profiler to determine which objects are called/saved by the interceptor for a .NET 3.5 workflow and then reproduce this in your .NET 4 workflow.

Another approach would be to expose a workflow service on .NET 3.5 to interact with the interceptor and then have the .NET 4 workflow call into it for tracking purposes.

I am not sure if you could use the Interop activity in WF 4 and then host a .NET 3.5 activity there that the BAM interceptor listens to but it would be worth a try.

Thanks, 

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:14 AM