NEEDED: More Answerers RRS feed

All replies

• Hello Ed,

Thanks for the post.You can check my profile and answers i have provided if you feel suitable I am willing to take the resposnsibility.I devote lot of my time to SQL server Forum .I very much believe in sharing and helping to MS community as Its MS that has helped me a lot and given recognition in IT field.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:25 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Ed,

Thanks for the post.You can check my profile and answers i have provided if you feel suitable I am willing to take the resposnsibility.I devote lot of my time to SQL server Forum .I very much believe in sharing and helping to MS community as Its MS that has helped me a lot and given recognition in IT field.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Shanky, do you agree to these guidelines? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

The biggest part is to propose answers and then mark them 7 days later.

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:39 AM
  • Shanky, do you agree to these guidelines? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Hello Ed,

I have read your post clearly and must say all points were mentioned clearly.I know that I have to mark answer (which should be really the best one in te thread) after 7 days after I propose it.

I also understand i can mark answer to replies given by other forum users,considering the fact that I had to choose best answer given by them.After marking answer I would also mention that if you feel that particular answer does not answers your question ,OP can unmark it.

Being polite and repecting others is one should always follow even if he is not the answerer or Moderator.

Thanks

Friday, August 16, 2013 8:24 AM
    Answerer
  • Shanky, do you agree to these guidelines? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

Thanks!

Hello Ed,

I have read your post clearly and must say all points were mentioned clearly.I know that I have to mark answer (which should be really the best one in te thread) after 7 days after I propose it.

I also understand i can mark answer to replies given by other forum users,considering the fact that I had to choose best answer given by them.After marking answer I would also mention that if you feel that particular answer does not answers your question ,OP can unmark it.

Being polite and repecting others is one should always follow even if he is not the answerer or Moderator.

Thanks

Perfect!

Thanks!

Friday, August 16, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I am glad to take this opportunity. 

Thanks,

Latheesh NK

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:01 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed,

I am glad to take this opportunity. 

Thanks,

Latheesh NK

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Great! Latheesh, do you agree to these guidelines? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance

Thanks!

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:13 PM
  • I will try to get back into the forum as well. I have been writing presentations and such for the past few months and just can't make enough time consistently..

Louis

Without good requirements, my advice is only guesses. Please don't hold it against me if my answer answers my interpretation of your questions.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 12:47 AM
  • Hi Ed.

I know I don't fall within the requirements of answers and points, since I have just recently started with Microsoft. I have more than 15 years experience with Oracle, designing and implementing datamodels and checking sanity of existing solutions. Just recenly my company has started a process of moving our existing Oracle based products to become SQL Server compliant and I am part of this task force team, although still learning the details of how things are done in SQL Server. If you think my expertise would be beneficial here, I'm willing to sign up to be an answerer and do my best to provide good answers.

Jan

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:03 PM
  • Hi Ed,

I would like to help in this forum as well.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed,

I would like to help in this forum as well.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Naomi, I made you an Answerer. Please browse this forum at least once a week or so to find answers you can propose. Then please mark them 7 days later.

Thanks!

Friday, October 18, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Hi Ed.

I know I don't fall within the requirements of answers and points, since I have just recently started with Microsoft. I have more than 15 years experience with Oracle, designing and implementing datamodels and checking sanity of existing solutions. Just recenly my company has started a process of moving our existing Oracle based products to become SQL Server compliant and I am part of this task force team, although still learning the details of how things are done in SQL Server. If you think my expertise would be beneficial here, I'm willing to sign up to be an answerer and do my best to provide good answers.

Jan

Thanks Jan. Well, the requirements show that you're here to help and that you'll stick around. So the best thing to do is to start answering some questions and racking up your answers and recognition points. Thanks!

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:20 PM
  • I will try to get back into the forum as well. I have been writing presentations and such for the past few months and just can't make enough time consistently..

Louis

Without good requirements, my advice is only guesses. Please don't hold it against me if my answer answers my interpretation of your questions.

Thanks Louis!

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:20 PM
  • Rsingh(),

I assume you're still interested? Did you delete your response because I didn't get back to you soon enough? I've been in the Power Pivot forums more lately. But I'm back now.

I'm adding you as an Answerer. Please drop in every week or so and propose/mark some answers. Thanks!

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Hi Ed, I though that the nomination might be closed, but thanks for reverting back.

Let me try for this forum too.

Regards, RSingh

Saturday, October 19, 2013 5:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Ed, I though that the nomination might be closed, but thanks for reverting back.

Let me try for this forum too.

Regards, RSingh

Sorry for the confusion. Thanks!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:25 AM
  • I would like to be an answerer.  Thanks

Monday, November 4, 2013 1:56 PM
    Answerer
  • I whole heartedly recommend Tom.
    Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:47 PM
  • I would like to be an answerer.  Thanks

Tom, I added you as an Answerer.

Please propose answers and then mark them 7 days later.

See the guidelines here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/1059.forum-moderation-guide-managing-posts-and-threads-marking-answers.aspx#Guidance 

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:03 AM