How To Use Extensions in Small Basic? RRS feed

• Question

• Someone say me how to usee extensions in sb please?
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:19 PM

Answers

• Pick an extension you want to try and download it.  It will usually be in a zip file so unzip it somewhere.

There is a list here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/12/small-basic-extensions-gallery.aspx

It will always contain a dll and xml file, for example mine are LitDev.dll and LitDev.xml.  Copy these two files (only these files) to a lib subfolder of your installation.

The installation is usually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Small Basic\lib

or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Small Basic\lib

You will need to create the lib folder if it doesn't exist.

Start Small Basic and the extension commands will appear in the intellisense and away you go.  There are usually samples and other documentation with the extension download zip.

All extensions are written by amateur programmers, so apply a little care until you are sure you know what something is supposed to do.  So don't randomly start playing with commands to alter the registry or delete folders!

All the extensions I know of are safe (not malicious in any way), but they could have bugs (we all make mistakes) so do be especially careful of commands that claim to do something that modifies your computer or files in some way.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:19 PM