none
Could not find type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart' etc.. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to build a .NET 3.5 project using VS 2013.

I'm getting whole bunch of errors for a form that uses the Chart control:

Could not find type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartArea'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.

Could not find type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Series'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.

Could not find type 'System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built using settings for your current platform or Any CPU.

I have installed the chart control for .NET 3.5

Dave

Monday, November 7, 2016 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

>>I'm getting whole bunch of errors for a form that uses the Chart control:

When checking from MSDN, these classes should be used .Net framework 4 at least.

Chart Class  ChartArea Class  Series Class

Version Information

.NET Framework

Supported in: 4

Please try to build .Net framework 4 instead of .NET 3.5

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:37 AM