none
Enterprise applications and Windows Store

Question

• Dear all,

I have some questions about enterprise applications and the Windows Store. We are planning to develop a windows app to be used by our costumer based abroad. The app is foreseen to be used by few people and will not be usable for the rest of the world (its usage is domain specific of the business)

I understand that we could deploy the app without publishing to Windows Store by side loading. This is not an option as the customer will not accept "mandrolic" manual deploys/updates on each tablet.  Their infrastructure will not have any kind of software distribution/update. Therefore the option of publishing to Windows Store is the most attractive as our customer would be able to easily install and update the app as internet connection will not be an issue. I have been reading the terms and condition and I would like to confirm that my understanding is correct:

1) I understand that I can publish enterprise applications on windows store, even if its usage will only be applicable to our customers (few dozen of people in the world). Is my understanding correct?

2) Is there a way to expose the app in Windows Store for a small community instead of being available to the whole country which we are targeting?

Many thanks.

Fernando

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:34 PM

Answers

• If your app has kind of product key, you can acheive it.
    (When the app is launched, end user needs to enter Product Key.
    You need to clearly describe, the product key is sold outside of Store in the app description
    And you need to write product key for the MS app tester. This field is hidden for typcal customer. Only the MS tester can see it.)

You don't need to describe app detail in the app description.
    (You need to describe that this app is designed for specific customer. Separated contract is required.)
    A minimum screenshot is needed. (For example, Enter product key screen.)

You need to describe the app detail in the notes for tester field instead of public app description fields.

I saw a Japanese developer did it.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:50 AM
  • I have distributed few enterprise applications through Store. You can check in Store by searching "Unvired" .
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:34 AM

All replies

• If your app has kind of product key, you can acheive it.
    (When the app is launched, end user needs to enter Product Key.
    You need to clearly describe, the product key is sold outside of Store in the app description
    And you need to write product key for the MS app tester. This field is hidden for typcal customer. Only the MS tester can see it.)

You don't need to describe app detail in the app description.
    (You need to describe that this app is designed for specific customer. Separated contract is required.)
    A minimum screenshot is needed. (For example, Enter product key screen.)

You need to describe the app detail in the notes for tester field instead of public app description fields.

I saw a Japanese developer did it.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:50 AM
  • I have distributed few enterprise applications through Store. You can check in Store by searching "Unvired" .
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 11:34 AM