Coded UI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created Coded UI projects in VS 2010, and I have upgraded it to VS 2012.

Let me know if there is any way to make the upgraded coded UI Test 2012 run in MS VSTS 2010 as well.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 10:49 AM

Answers

• this might help

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zainnab/archive/2012/06/05/visual-studio-2012-compatibility-aka-project-round-tripping.aspx

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Thanks for Chaitanya's help.

Hi chandana,     

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

If you want to run the updated coded UI test (Actually it is the VS2012 project now) in VS2010, generally the VS2010 (install the VS2010 sp1) would support it if you open and compile it with IDE. But I remember if would has some issues if you don’t open/ compile it with VS2010 IDE, I mean that you want to use the MSTEST.EXE (VS2010) to run the test project directly. Maybe you could test it in your side.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:42 AM

All replies

• this might help

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zainnab/archive/2012/06/05/visual-studio-2012-compatibility-aka-project-round-tripping.aspx

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Thanks for Chaitanya's help.

Hi chandana,     

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

If you want to run the updated coded UI test (Actually it is the VS2012 project now) in VS2010, generally the VS2010 (install the VS2010 sp1) would support it if you open and compile it with IDE. But I remember if would has some issues if you don’t open/ compile it with VS2010 IDE, I mean that you want to use the MSTEST.EXE (VS2010) to run the test project directly. Maybe you could test it in your side.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:42 AM