none
simple copy/paste/create database help please RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use a data entry template in excel to print individual receipts. Once all data is entered, I will make single receipt printout of template.  On sheet 2, I have a database set up to record the individual fields as I print the receipt.  This is to be used as a list of all printed receipts.  

I've a elementary working knowledge of excel and cannot even begin to understand macros.  Ive browsed the web and tried a few that I've found but none work.  Would someone help me please?  While I can get into Visual Basic and navigate, I can't debug the macros I've tried and I CAN NOT write them.  

Thank you in advance!!

Sample:

Cell B6 sheet 1 = date  copy to column b (starting at b4) sheet 2

cell b7 sheet 1 = name  copy to column c (starting at c4) sheet 2

and so on for cells b8, b9, e6, e7, and e8 sheet 1 to columns d, e, f, and g

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 12:01 AM

Answers

• Hi holliercs,

>>Sample:

Cell B6 sheet 1 = date  copy to column b (starting at b4) sheet 2

cell b7 sheet 1 = name  copy to column c (starting at c4) sheet 2

and so on for cells b8, b9, e6, e7, and e8 sheet 1 to columns d, e, f, and g<<

We can use Range.Copy to copiy the range to the specified range. For example, if you want to copy the Cell b6 on the sheet1 to cell b4 on the sheet2, here is a sample for your reference:

Sheet1.Range("B6").Copy Sheet2.Range("B4")

Also we can use Recrod macros to help us get the code based on the operaiton of user. And here are some helpful links for you learnging Excel develoing using VBA:
    How do I... (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Object model reference (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Concepts (Excel 2013 developer reference)

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:23 AM