Azure notification hub push delivery is not in-sequence on iOS devices RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using azure notification hub service to send push notification to iOS and Android devices. I am facing a issue mention below.

"A user login on both iOS and Android devices. Because of some continues operations back-end system send push to both devices using Tag. Back-end sends all push notification in sequence as it was generated. On android devices it was delivered in sequence on the other hand iOS devices receives push notification in random order. This happens all the time i.e.  when application is in Foreground, background and kill state."

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We do not guarantee that the notifications will be delivered in sequence. Azure Notification Hubs will send the notification to the respective Push Notification Service(in this case Apple Push Notification Service) and it is upto Apple Push Notification Service to deliver the notification to the devices.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:52 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But as i mention on android devices all push are in-sequence it happens for i-OS device only. If azure is not guarantee on sequence it should happen with android device also. Also It helpful for me if you suggest something to resolve this issue.

Friday, January 13, 2017 5:57 AM
  • Hi Nitin, messages are in queue in our service, and we process them in order when sending to Apple or Google. It's up to Apple or Google to process these pushes in sequence/not.
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:07 PM