"Cannot find the requested object." RRS feed

• Question

• I have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate installed and the company I work for just purchased Visual Studio 2012 Professional with Blend. I'm running Windows 7 with all the latest updates. I like to think I'm pretty good with computers (been in IT for 10+ years and programming for the last several).

I install Visual Studio 2012 Professional and I get 3 "Cannot Find the Requested Object" and 1 "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.", 2 "Package Failed.", and one "Cannot find the requested object"

It says: "Setup completed. However, not all features installed correctly."

Now, I've used the web installer, 2 separate ISOs I've downloaded and burned to DVD, AND the official Microsoft DVD that came in the mail. ALL fail with the same problem. I uninstall, run ccleaner to wipe the registry, and restart, and reinstall with the same problem. I've tried repair, update 1 uninstall/reinstall many times.

Nothing I do seems to fix the problem. My home desktop and laptop have VS 2012 without a problem (though 2010 was not previously installed).

Errors:

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Core Libraries, MSV C++ 2012 Microsoft Foundation Class Library, MSVS Team Foundation Server 2012 Team - Cannot Find the Requested Object"

"Microsoft Web Deploy 3.0" A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

"MSVS 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64)" - Package Failed.

"PreEmptive Analytics Visual Studio Components" - Package Failed.

"Windows Software Development Kit" - Cannot find the requested object.

I have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with TFS 2010 linked to several projects on my work domain so I can't really uninstall it but if that'll solve the problem. Our office (10+ programmers) want to update to 2012 (we purchased licenses for everyone).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm running that vscollect.exe that gets the vslogs right now. Want me to post that?

Paul

Friday, February 1, 2013 7:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I found your Visual Studio setup completed. However, not all features installed correctly. So you can try repair it via control panel and you will see the image like:

Please choose the features you want to install and update it again.

If they still can't be installed, please collect the install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Ego Jiang Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:09 AM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:42 AM