none
Outlook 365: vCalendar SUMMARY not Displayed When METHOD:REQUEST RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am generating a vCalender Template and sending it to some Outlook 365 recipients. The Template looks like this:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 16.0 MIMEDIR//EN
    VERSION:2.0
    METHOD:REQUEST
    X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    CLASS:PUBLIC
    CREATED:${created}
    DTEND:${dtend}
    DTSTAMP:${dtstamp}
    DTSTART:${dtstart}
    LAST-MODIFIED:${updated}
    PRIORITY:5
    SEQUENCE:0
    SUMMARY:Meeting for ${name}
    ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;RSVP=TRUE:MAILTO:${to}
    ORGANIZER:MAILTO:${from}
    DESCRIPTION:Ordered for: ${ordered_for}\nSome info: ${info}\nFurther info: ${further_info}\nComment: ${comment}
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    UID:${id}
    X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY
    X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1
    X-MICROSOFT-DISALLOW-COUNTER:FALSE
    X-MS-OLK-AUTOFILLLOCATION:TRUE
    X-MS-OLK-CONFTYPE:0
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

Just ignore the variables contained in ${var}, they are being filled when processed. 

I am experiencing an issue where sending the invitation with METHOD:PUBLISH I do get an invitation with Subject, but as soon as I change it to METHOD:REQUESTthe Subject in the invitation is empty (No Title). METHOD:REQUEST is necessary to be able to accept the invitation, when sending with METHOD:PUBLISH the receiver can only re-send the invitation and not accept it like usual appointments. I have also read a feed and it seems like this happens with invitations send to Google calendars as well. I tried different vCalendar Templates and also older versions, but it didn't fix the issue. Any new ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:31 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Eddi11,

Thank you for visiting Outlook forum. As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I'm not familiar with code. I'll help move this case to Outlook for Developer forum to get a better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hi Perry,

ok, sorry and thank you.

Regards,

Eddi

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:05 AM