Reading data from Microsoft Graph API RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I need to read Office365 data(AD users) and I am trying to use Microsoft Graph API. As per Graph API, we need to get the access token first and then we need to use the access token to read the graph API. I am using ADF web activity to get the access token and I am successful there. But Once I get the access token, how will I read the Graph API with this access token, I have not seen any documentation around cosuming Microsoft Graph API data in ADF. Is that really possible? If yes please share some useful links.

Thanks,

Nikesh

Friday, April 19, 2019 1:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Nikesh,

Have you gone through this doc ? Please have a look at it and let us know if it helps. Else we can gladly continue to dive deeper.

MSDN

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:28 AM
  • Hi Nikesh,

In additional to Chirag’s response, I would suggest you to go through the below recommendations.

If they are trying to pull a lot of AD user data to build some insight, then Data connect would be right for you. For more details, refer “Microsoft Graph data connect”.

However, if they are trying to build an app where a user logs in, modifies or interacts with their own AD user data and then interact back and forth with the server then I would point you to the core Microsoft Graph APIs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/azuread-users-concept-overview, is a good place to start on user data).

For more information on Microsoft Graph data connect, please refer to this link.

If the above recommendations don’t fulfill your requirement. Could you please provide as much details as possible about your scenario?

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi Nikesh,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Monday, April 29, 2019 10:20 AM