How setup IIS 5.0 again when it disappeared after installing and following the uninstalling Visual Web Develope 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• User1855726127 posted

Before it there were some asp.net projects. When I installed VWD 2010 Express and then uninstalled to free space as I cannot add web api functionality - I got virtually void content inside Internet Information Services now - that is just Connect, View. And not able to my current PC. What I can do and why it happened? Simple reinstalling from install Windows components do not help. Except it before installing VWD 2010 I changed my xp sp2 to sp3 in registry - but it is unprobable reason of it.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 3:04 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

From your description above, you can install IIS 5 manually.

During installation, IIS installs optional components like Common Files, Documentation, and the Internet Information Services snap-in. You can choose not to install the optional components; however, deselecting specific components can decrease IIS functionality or disable IIS services. If you are unfamiliar with the optional components and how they affect IIS, install IIS with the default settings. After you install IIS, you can view Installing IIS Optional Components in the IIS online documentation for more information.

To install IIS, add optional components, or remove optional components

Click Start, click Control Panel, and click Add or Remove Programs.

Click Add/Remove Windows Components. The Windows Components Wizard appears.

Follow the on-screen instructions to install, remove, or add components to IIS.

Best regards,

Angie

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:04 AM
  • User1855726127 posted

I did not used windows xp installation cd so maybe it would not allow to use <install components>. Except it - for compability reason with Visual Web Developer Express 2010- I changed sp2 to sp3 in registry - that can block installation of iis 5.1 (or 5.0) that is part of windows xp sp2 cd on my part??

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:41 PM