Changes in the Store Dashboard do not reflect on the downloaded Package.StoreAssociation.xml RRS feed

• Question

• I think this is a bug. If I change the Markets under "Selling details" to only one Market, the change is not reflected in the Package.StoreAssociation.xml that is generated/downloaded upon package creation. It still contains the previous selected markets languages as "InMinimumRequirementSet=true"
    Friday, June 22, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies

• Phil,

One way you could see if it is a bug is to delete the file and then repackage the app. the file should be regenerated when you package the app again. Once it is created, see if it still shows the same information. It should be different afterwards.  I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Edited by Jesse_F Friday, June 22, 2012 1:55 PM
    Friday, June 22, 2012 1:52 PM
  • Jesse, I tried that. I regenerated packages over the last 2 days over and over again. Changed the Markets in the Dashboad, do a clean checkout of the project. Rebuild the packages for all architectures. No changes in the StoreAssoc XML
    Friday, June 22, 2012 2:09 PM
  • Phil,

How are you building this package, as debug or release? Also, what are the languages that you originally included and what changes are you trying to make now? If you don't mind sharing these details, I will attempt to look into this a little further. Please share as many details as you are comfortable with so that we may get a better idea where the issue is originating. Also, are you receiving any errors by chance when you debug?

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, June 22, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Jesse, the packages for the Store are always built in Release. No other selection possible even. Originally I had selected Germany, GB, USA, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Japan, Spain, Rest of the World. Something along those countries :)

There are no errors in release or debug mode. Its just an issue of the downloaded StoreAssoc.XML. I can share more details and even send you the XML file if you contact me on phil.kursawe(at)gmail.com . You could then maybe check the dashboard from your side if you have the required access rights to access this dashboard: https://appdev.microsoft.com:443/StorePortals/Developer/Catalog/ReleaseAnchor/28631302-9666-4ee3-aaf4-e52c493370e8

Friday, June 22, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Phil,

I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing. This would be a good issue to bring up with our Developer Partner Engagement at Microsoft and let them provide some insight for you on this issue. If you need to you can also go to the Get Support site and then just sign in with your developer account credentials in order to receive support. You will have options for the type of support you need once you sign in to the site.

Thanks,

Jesse

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:38 PM