none
Visual studio crashes when I try to debug

Question

• Hello

I've been having a problem with visual studio 2015 C++. When I try to debug the program I've written, visual studio crashes. It doesn't say anything, just stops working. I'm running windows 7 and to  be clear, Visual studio was working fine about a month ago.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Wetski,

You can try to reset Visual Studio if it was working fine before... You can reset it with devenv.exe see this link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241273.aspx

Best regards!
    (If this was helpful for you, propose it as an answer)
    • Edited by Almir Vuk Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:47 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Almir Vuk Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:31 PM
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:47 PM
  • Thanks for Almir Vuk's help.

Hi Wetski,

Just to make this issue clearly, whether all VC++ APPS have the same issue or the specific one?

For example, just create a simple app, and then debug it again. How about the result?

To make sure that it is not the debugger tool's issue, please also run it using "start without debugging".

To make sure that it is not related to your Environment, please debug your app in other VS machines.

If just your Environment has this issue, please run your VS in safe mode, at least, we could know that whether it is related to the add-ins.

If it worked well before, you would think about that whether you updated anything in your Windows or the project code, or you install certain third party software in your side.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, November 28, 2015 8:15 AM
  • Hello Almir Vuk

I tried that but didn't really have any difference. Still just freezes up

• Edited by Wetski Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:00 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2015 9:43 AM
  • Hello Jack-Zhai

I've tried making just a simple hello world app maybe about 20 times and haven't worked. Also I've created new solutions without any kind of difference.

I've tried running the program without debugger too, when I do that it opens up an empty cmd.exe.

Also tried the safemode and there is no difference.

I tried to install a library called Jypeli but didn't really get it in working order. I've uninstalled it now but that haven't made any difference.

• Edited by Wetski Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:39 AM
    Saturday, November 28, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Saturday, November 28, 2015 1:54 PM