dropdown header

Question

• Hi,

What is the way to implement a drop-down header like in the Win8 sports app right mouse click?  I tried using a popup because I like the animation, but one of my requirements is that the UI controls in the dropdown must always be "alive" since they will always be streaming from webcam.  When I closed the popup, the controls in the popup were non-usable.

Thanks.

Like this:

SAP

Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:24 AM

Answers

• Typically you'd start with an App Bar. Once you have the container you can put whatever you want in it, including your GridView; while it is common to do so, you don't have to use a simple StackPanel of buttons.

I'm not sure what you mean by the controls being "alive" and then "non-usable", but I suspect that has more to do with the controls being visible/not-visible than with where they were hosted.

--Rob

Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:49 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

What is the way to implement a drop-down header like in the Win8 sports app right mouse click?  I tried using a popup because I like the animation, but one of my requirements is that the UI controls in the dropdown must always be "alive" since they will always be streaming from webcam.  When I closed the popup, the controls in the popup were non-usable.

Thanks.

Like this:

SAP

Forgot to mention I have a current implementation which uses a free-floating gridview which I open/close using double animation which is ok but it's kind of a hack.  I was just wondering if there was a built-in technique which would be better.

SAP

Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:32 AM
  • Typically you'd start with an App Bar. Once you have the container you can put whatever you want in it, including your GridView; while it is common to do so, you don't have to use a simple StackPanel of buttons.

I'm not sure what you mean by the controls being "alive" and then "non-usable", but I suspect that has more to do with the controls being visible/not-visible than with where they were hosted.

--Rob

Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:49 AM
    Owner
  • Yes, that's what I was looking for.  

Thanks.

SAP

Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:12 PM