Set multiple multipart message as public RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a web service that is supposed to be used in several BizTalk Projects. I consume the WCF service in a seperate Project to be able to add it as a reference.

After the consuming part I need to set both port and multipart messages to public to be able to use them in other Projects.

It is a lot of job to change every multipart message to public. If I do any Changes to the web service and need to reconsume it, I need to do all the job again.

Is it a way to set the messages to public as default or change all at the same time? I tried to open the odx-file in notepad, but no luck.

/Challan

Challan

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:29 AM

Answers

•  I made this twice to make sure it works, so let's hope it works for you as well. This was made with BTS2010, no idea if it works in general. I don't know any reason why it shouldn't.

I added Generated Items, Consume WCF Service and Metadata Files and Imported quite large service I had in hand.

After that I opened the Service.odx with a Notepad++ and changed:
    <om:Property Name="TypeModifier" Value="Internal" />
    -->
    <om:Property Name="TypeModifier" Value="Public" />

I saved and closed the file.

After this I made the original build. I added a reference, but the types weren't available. After that I checked that in the orchestration every value is "public" as expected. I made a rebuild, no difference.

After saving the Service.odx and then building the project I got the types in the referring project.

So in short:
    - Replace values with text editor and save the .odx
    - Open the orhestration with the designer and save it
    - Build the project

And it should be available.

• Marked as answer by Challan Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:06 PM

All replies

•  I made this twice to make sure it works, so let's hope it works for you as well. This was made with BTS2010, no idea if it works in general. I don't know any reason why it shouldn't.

I added Generated Items, Consume WCF Service and Metadata Files and Imported quite large service I had in hand.

After that I opened the Service.odx with a Notepad++ and changed:
    <om:Property Name="TypeModifier" Value="Internal" />
    -->
    <om:Property Name="TypeModifier" Value="Public" />

I saved and closed the file.

After this I made the original build. I added a reference, but the types weren't available. After that I checked that in the orchestration every value is "public" as expected. I made a rebuild, no difference.

After saving the Service.odx and then building the project I got the types in the referring project.

So in short:
    - Replace values with text editor and save the .odx
    - Open the orhestration with the designer and save it
    - Build the project

And it should be available.

• Marked as answer by Challan Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:06 PM
  • Thanks!

The trick was to search and replace the correct "Internal". There are many more of them in the odx, that shouldn't be replaced.

Challan

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 4:45 PM