Where can I find the images for the direction symbols

Question

• Where can I find the images for the "subway style" directions that are usen in Windows 8?

I am referring to the "arrow in a circle" symbols.

I looked in the SDK and also in VS 12 with no luck. 

Thanks!

Murray

M Whipps

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:49 PM

Answers

• Look in the Segoe UI Symbol font, mostly in the Private Use range starting at &E000

You can see most of the symbols with charmap.exe, although not all of the emoji show up. You should be able to see them all with Word's Insert Symbol option and there are some 3rd party apps which may help.

If you are using xaml then look in standardstyles.xaml for many predefined AppBar button styles to see of one already exists that matches your usage.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by 9gwcycn Monday, October 15, 2012 10:33 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 9:27 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Look in the Segoe UI Symbol font, mostly in the Private Use range starting at &E000

You can see most of the symbols with charmap.exe, although not all of the emoji show up. You should be able to see them all with Word's Insert Symbol option and there are some 3rd party apps which may help.

If you are using xaml then look in standardstyles.xaml for many predefined AppBar button styles to see of one already exists that matches your usage.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by 9gwcycn Monday, October 15, 2012 10:33 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 9:27 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob.

I looked there and could not find the ones I need.

But wow - what a huge set of characters! Really impressive!

Murray

M Whipps

EDIT

When I switched to a Win 8 machine, I found the symbols I needed in the Segoe UI Symbols where you said to look.

Thank you!.

• Edited by 9gwcycn Monday, October 15, 2012 10:35 PM
    Monday, October 15, 2012 9:45 PM