Not Able To Validate Domain Ownership for the App Services RRS feed

• Question

• I had purchased a domain name with GoDaddy. After subscribing as a Pay as you go on Azure, I added the domain in the AAD in the DNS Zone. I verified the domain name as well and mapped the named server to the NS records of Azure.

I then created an App service, and wish to utilize the same domain name with my application. I, therefore, created an A record, a TXT record, and the CNAME record as well for the domain name and for the subdomain www, but I am not able to validate it and get the domain ownership error.

Any Help is highly appreciated

Friday, November 9, 2018 4:34 PM

All replies

• It appears that you are referring to the suggestions outlined in this document How to: Add your custom domain name using the Azure Active Directory portal, you must follow the step-by-step process outlined in the document  Tutorial: Map an existing custom DNS name to Azure Web Apps for adding custom domain to your Azure WebApps. 

Typically, such error occurs, if you missed a step or made a typo somewhere in the process, kindly verify that your CNAME or A record is configured correctly. 

To map a custom domain to WebApp, create either a CNAME record or an A record. If you want to use a root domain, you must use A and TXT records, take a look at the below sample: 

Record type

Host

Point to

A

@

IP address for a web app

TXT

@

.azurewebsites.net

CNAME

.azurewebsites.net

Let us know how the above process goes and if you need further assistance on this issue.
    Monday, November 12, 2018 8:38 AM
    Owner