none
Outlook 2013 VBA Question RRS feed

• Question

• I wasn't' sure what category this problem fell under (sorry if this wasn't correct):

I'm having issues with VBA running in Outlook after the pc is rebooted.  If I open the IDE manually, the code runs fine each and every time, even if I shut down and restart outlook it's self, the code will run.  Only when the machine is rebooted the VBA does not run until I open the IDE.  I've played with security settings and just for testing have set it to the lowest macro settings (with add-ins checked of course).  I've tried my own selfcert as well.  I changed the registry to have the VBA add-in change from "load at demand" to "load at startup", but nothing has changed this issue.  Not a huge issue, but more of an annoyance that I have to remember to open the IDE each time the machine is rebooted and I use Outlook again.

My setup on this machine is: Win8, Office 2013 64bit, Exchange to Office 365.

At this point i'm thinking it is either an issue with 64bit Outlook?  Or perhaps there is a policy coming down from 365 that I can't seem to find?  The machine is not on a domain, and there should not be any group policies set (again unless 365 pushes something down i'm not aware).

I've searched around, but I can't seem to find anyone talking about this issue with Outlook 2013.  I appreciate any ideas to try.

Thanks!

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Mort81,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:57 AM
  • After the PC is rebooted have you checked your security settings for Macro? Any settings changed?
    When you try running the code, does the macro work or do you see any dialog box/error thrown from Outlook?

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:32 PM
  • In addition, you can try adding the following Outlook VBA in Application_Startup event handler and see whether it works for you or not:

Private Sub Application_Startup()
    'MsgBox "Start up"
    Debug.Print "Start up"
    End Sub

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:37 PM
  • Any updates?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:53 PM