none
Cannot install .net framework 4 client windows 7x64 (code 800B010B ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install .net framework 4  client  on windows 7x64. I am keep getting this error of "generic trust failure".

I have tried this and this and turning off and on the '.net. service at 'programs and features' but with no success. Any idea?

It seems that it becomes a common problem on WIN7 users.

Thanks,

Guy

Friday, December 17, 2010 7:47 AM

Answers

• p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you both,

After trying all the suggestions I found on the different forums (inc. the above).

I reinstalled my OS. (Of course that now I had no problem installing .net 4).

In general, I think Microsoft should try and find a more general solution for this, since I am certainly not the first to encounter this problem (try googling it).

Thank again,

Guy

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi no_user,

Could you please provide log file for me?

More detail information can help us analysis your issue better.

Best Regards,

Larcolais

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 20, 2010 8:55 AM
  • Dear no_user,

Thanks very much for your understand and support.

The error code 0x800B010B is TRUST_E_FAIL which means Generic trust failure.

To install .NET Framework 4.0, you could try the following steps for further troubleshooting.

1.       Download .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer

Note: You can try some download manager software to help downloading.

2.       Use Cleanup tool to clear the failed installation of .NET Framework 4.0

3.       Clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu -> Run -> Type "%temp%")

4.       Check whether your account has enough permissions to access installer?

Ø  Right click installer and select ‘ Properties

Ø  In Security Tab, select your account and click ‘Edit

Ø  In Edit Window, please check whether your account has FULL CONTROL or not.

5.       Before you will install .NET Framework 4, please ensure disable anti-virus, security software or firewall etc.

6.       Run the installer to install .NET 4.0 with Administrator Privilege

Note: Right-click the installer >> "Run as Administrator"

7.       If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.

The steps to collect the log:

- Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")

- Install .NET Framework 4.0 Standalone installer

- Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Collect tool: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e0da314f-6216-4a18-bc6b-7d29cf83af20&displaylang=en

- Diagnose the cause of failure installation

Option 1:

Try the points mentioned here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vssetup/thread/0376db8f-4761-4ae5-9af2-98c53216318a#How_to_diagnoseVS2008_NETFramework_logs to diagnose the cause of failure installation.

Option 2:

Send vslogs.cab file to me (v-anwu@microsoft.com)

Note: Please attach the link of this post in the mail.

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:06 AM
  • p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Thank you both,

After trying all the suggestions I found on the different forums (inc. the above).

I reinstalled my OS. (Of course that now I had no problem installing .net 4).

In general, I think Microsoft should try and find a more general solution for this, since I am certainly not the first to encounter this problem (try googling it).

Thank again,

Guy

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:15 AM
  • Dear Guy,

I’m glad to hear that you got it working.

Sorry for not give a very helpful solution for your scenario. We’ll try our best to provide better service in the future.

If you have any difficulty in future programming, we welcome you to post here again. There are many enthusiastic community members here to provide their help and suggestions.

Best Regards,
    Andrew Wu

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:51 AM