How to create the following automation task? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

Would you be so kind to advise what technologies (and if you have useful links, that would be fabulous) need to be used to accomplish the following tasks:

1. Non-admin user should be able to click on the tile in the dashboard.
    2. The result of that click is the following:
      2.1. User is prompted for the [dropdown] list of the available databases in the pre-set Azure SQL server.
      2.2. User selects the desired database.
      2.3. The original user's database is renamed.
      2.4. The database which is chosen in step 2.2 is copied to the database with the name of the original database.
    I am not sure whether I need to use Azure Automation for that task or whether it's possible to create something which non-admin is able to run and get a list of the source databases so any help will be highly appreciated!!! Many thanks for your help, in advance!
    Wednesday, September 5, 2018 5:51 PM

Answers

• To achieve your requirements, I would suggest you to try with RBAC.Access management for cloud resources is a critical function for any organization that is using the cloud. Role-based access control (RBAC) helps you manage who has access to Azure resources, what they can do with those resources, and what areas they have access to.
    RBAC is an authorization system built on
    Azure Resource Manager that provides fine-grained access management of resources in Azure.

For more information, suggest you to refer Role-based access control.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by VeeraGiri Babu Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by MarinaAX23 Thursday, September 6, 2018 7:19 PM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:34 AM