none
Azure Web Application suddenly encountering 502 (bad gateway) error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We deployed a web application here: http://mp-barhead-sandbox.azurewebsites.net/ and it was working OK a while ago when suddenly, we encountered a 502 error that indicates:

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

I'm new to Azure administration. All I've done is restart the web application, but to no avail. I have no idea where to look in investigating this issue.

What could possibly be causing this issue and what can we do to fix this?

Thanks.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Could you please check now? I just checked and it is working fine.

Is the issue happening for the first time or experienced before as well? Have you changed any configuration for your Web Apps? Is your Web App connecting to Data Base?

Please check the log files for complete error details and root cause. Use Kudu console to check the log files.

There might be possible of service interruption, please check the azure status page for more details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashok

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check now it is working fine.

Regards,
    Azam khan

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Could you please check now? I just checked and it is working fine.

Is the issue happening for the first time or experienced before as well? Have you changed any configuration for your Web Apps? Is your Web App connecting to Data Base?

Please check the log files for complete error details and root cause. Use Kudu console to check the log files.

There might be possible of service interruption, please check the azure status page for more details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ashok

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 4:36 PM
  • Hi Azok, Asham

It is working fine now. It was a problem on the CRM instance we were using. Thank you.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 8:55 AM