.avi Video to mp3 RRS feed

• Question

• I wanna convert avi videos to mp3 files anyone helps me ?

Saturday, May 3, 2008 8:35 PM

Answers

•  

hi

You can do everything with multimedia using Microsoft (c) Directshow .DirectShow is an API that enables Windows applications to control a wide variety of audio/video input devices including (but not limited to) DV camcorders, Web cams, DVD drives, and TV tuner cards. It provides out-of-the-box support for a variety of formats, from WAV and AVI to Windows Media. DirectShow is also extensible, enabling third parties to support their own specialized devices, formats, or processing components.(MSDN)

DirectShow is based on the Component Object Model (COM). To write a DirectShow application or component, you must understand COM client programming. For most applications, you do not need to implement your own COM objects. DirectShow provides the components you need. (If you want to extend DirectShow by writing your own components, however, you must implement them as COM objects.)

DirectShow applications must be written in C++. There is no managed API for DirectShow.(MSDN)

there is some source codes in www.codeproject.com  !!.also I Develop some applications with directshow. I write more later  if you wanna to know more about Directshow

be success

Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:28 PM
  •  

There are a number of C# wrappers for DirectShow as well as the managed stuff, but the managed stuff is very bare bones, I'd look at the wrapper ( which I think is on CP as well as on sourceforge )

Sunday, May 4, 2008 10:43 PM

All replies

• AVI is a video codec, while MP3 is an audio codec. You can't convert AVI to MP3.

Saturday, May 3, 2008 9:05 PM
  •  

I assume he wants to exctract the audio from a video.  Are you asking how to write a prgoram of your own to do this, or are you in completely the wrong forums to ask this ?
    Saturday, May 3, 2008 11:37 PM
  • Yes I want to extract the audio Smile can ı find code samples or dll ?

Sunday, May 4, 2008 11:31 AM
  •  

hi

You can do everything with multimedia using Microsoft (c) Directshow .DirectShow is an API that enables Windows applications to control a wide variety of audio/video input devices including (but not limited to) DV camcorders, Web cams, DVD drives, and TV tuner cards. It provides out-of-the-box support for a variety of formats, from WAV and AVI to Windows Media. DirectShow is also extensible, enabling third parties to support their own specialized devices, formats, or processing components.(MSDN)

DirectShow is based on the Component Object Model (COM). To write a DirectShow application or component, you must understand COM client programming. For most applications, you do not need to implement your own COM objects. DirectShow provides the components you need. (If you want to extend DirectShow by writing your own components, however, you must implement them as COM objects.)

DirectShow applications must be written in C++. There is no managed API for DirectShow.(MSDN)

there is some source codes in www.codeproject.com  !!.also I Develop some applications with directshow. I write more later  if you wanna to know more about Directshow

be success

Sunday, May 4, 2008 6:28 PM
  •  

There are a number of C# wrappers for DirectShow as well as the managed stuff, but the managed stuff is very bare bones, I'd look at the wrapper ( which I think is on CP as well as on sourceforge )

Sunday, May 4, 2008 10:43 PM
  • Thank you All Smile

Friday, May 9, 2008 11:01 AM