none
Why doesn't List font name in their font feature exist on Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• List font name in their font is available on Microsoft Office 2003,

but unavailable on Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010,

why?

kea

Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Kea

For future questions of this nature it would probably be a good idea to post in the forums for end-user questions on "Answers": http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word?page=1&tab=all

The forums on MSDN target developer (programming) questions. This means that 1) the expertise required may not be available and 2) the answers you get might not be easily understandable if it's not clear that you need an end-user oriented answer.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by vkea Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:43 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Kea,

They do. Press Alt + Ctrl + Shift + S and open the Styles dialog box. Near the bottom there this a check box labeled "Show Preview".  Make sure it's checked.

Also you can add a Style list box to your Quick Access ribbon. Word Options > Popular Commands and locate the one named "Style". This list of styles will show the formatting also.

Hope this helps

Regards, Rich
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:12 AM
  • Kea,

Please ignore my last post. My eyes must be tired, I read your post as Styles displaying in their Font format.

On the Home tab, in the Font group if you select the down arrow next to the current font name you'll see the complete list of fonts in their font preview form.

Hopefully, this answers your question.

Regards, Rich
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:28 AM
  • Hi Kea

For future questions of this nature it would probably be a good idea to post in the forums for end-user questions on "Answers": http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word?page=1&tab=all

The forums on MSDN target developer (programming) questions. This means that 1) the expertise required may not be available and 2) the answers you get might not be easily understandable if it's not clear that you need an end-user oriented answer.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by vkea Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:43 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:56 AM