none
Error deploying to device

Question

• I can't seem to deploy my apps to my device.  I get this error:

Error DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -1988945906 App2

This is a brand new empty app, UWA.  Device is set to developer mode, platform is ARM, target versions seem to be fine... I can't seem to find any information online about why this is happening.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Monday, July 04, 2016 11:43 PM

All replies

• Hi insanin,

Thanks for your post.

Did you deploy your UWA application to the mobile deveice? And could you please tell me what's the version of your Mobile device and your PC.

Make sure the screen of your mobile device is opening during deploying.

By the way, convert the error number to hex. Then you'll end up with "Connection to device failed. Please ensure the phone is connected and the not on the lock screen. For the detailed information, please refer to this similar thread.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11648442/windows-phone-application-deployment-error-0x89731812

Hope that could be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Still no dice :( Device isn't on lock screen, and is connected via USB.  Tried multiple USB ports, looks fine in device manager, cord is brand new, and I can copy files to and from the device.  Device is OSv10.0.10586.164, PC is osv10586.420.

Side note: how do I get VS to display errors in hex, can't seem to find out how, or do I just have to do it manually... seems like a pain.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 07, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Hi  insanin,

>>how do I get VS to display errors in hex, can't seem to find out how, or do I just have to do it manually... seems like a pain.

As far as I know, there is no method to display error in hex. You may need to convert it manually.

If the use port was registered correctly. Please try to reset your target device and try it again.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, July 08, 2016 1:04 AM