Failure creating Data Factory within Resource Group where I'm designated as Owner RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an error creating a Data Factory within a resource group where I'm an owner.  I receive the following message.  The resource group is in West Europe.  The options for regions are NorthEurope and WestUS.  I'm not sure if the region settings matter.  What does this error indicate as the problem?  Is it the fact that the resource group is in West Europe, or is it a problem with my authorizations?

Registering the resource providers has failed. Additional details from the underlying API that might be helpful: The client 'xxxxx' with object id 'xxxxx' does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.DataFactory/register/action' over scope '/subscriptions/xxxxxx'.

• status
      Error
    • time
      ‎Thursday‎, ‎March‎ ‎31‎, ‎2016‎ ‎11‎:‎54‎:‎45‎ ‎AM
    • correlation IDs
      clientNotification-xxxxx
    • resource
      xxxxxx
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi - the ADF orchestration service is only available in West US and North EU.  However, that orchestration service can coordinate activities/clusters across other regions.  See here for the list of supported regions for data movement activities. https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/data-factory-data-movement-activities/  Additionally, we had an ongoing service incident during the time period you mention which impacted some customers' ability to deploy.  However, your case looks like a region selection.
    Monday, April 4, 2016 6:06 PM
  • The VS components don't support role based authentication. My workaround was to manually deploy the JSON to the data factory.  Thank you Sonia.
    Monday, April 11, 2016 2:35 PM