Creating c# Web Application setup including database .net framework and crystal reports RRS feed

• Question

• User362138691 posted

Please help me for how to create a (Setup) for web application developed in Visual Studio 2012 using .net and has 3 tier architecture that comes with SQL server 2012 database and the .net framework and crystal reports if it is not existing in the system, so everything should be installed on the new system automatically while executing setup.

Setup should install everything automatically like .net framework, SQL server and create database at same time for application and crystal report as well. I tried using Install-shield Limited Edition in visual studio 2012 but it doesn't work properly.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• User-1635195291 posted

Hi Infabtron,

Just download Web Platform Installer and it will help you to install all the application you needed automatically.

The Microsoft Web Platform Installer (Web PI) is a free tool that makes getting the latest components of the Microsoft Web Platform, including Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server Express, .NET Framework and Visual Web Developer easy.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jatin

Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:32 PM
  • User362138691 posted

Hi Jatin,

Thanks for the reply....... I dont want to install it on my own system.........Suppose I want to sale my project to 3rd party.....So I need to create setup may be some executable file............So suppose somebody downloded software(say .exe) file then everything should be included in the setup and should be installed automatically on thier system........

So I need steps on how I can create setup for my application which will include all the things and while installing everything should be installed through this setup.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:48 PM
  • User-1635195291 posted

Hi Infantron,

There is nothing called setup or exe for web application as in windows application. For web applications, we will deploy the application not install. refer the below link for deployment of web applications.

You will have to Deploy website on the server. Below link should help you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jatin

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:56 PM