File Picker shows currently downloading file

Question

• Hi All,

I am using file picker to select files for Downloads Folder.But the problem with me is file picker shows me all the files from the Download folder. But I don't want to show the file which is currently downloading.

Please suggest me the solution.

Thank You.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Ashwin,

Sorry for the late response. The only way is to use FileTypeFilter, I don't think there would be another way. And what's difference between the downloading stuff and downloaded stuff? If you know the rule, you could always write a JavaScript version file picker.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:50 AM

All replies

• can you work with a filter for the extension? files that beeing downlaoded mostly have another extension during the time they get downloaded

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:08 PM
  • IN My Case I am downloading the file with extension .mp3.

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:16 AM
  • Hi Ashwin,

Sorry for the late response. The only way is to use FileTypeFilter, I don't think there would be another way. And what's difference between the downloading stuff and downloaded stuff? If you know the rule, you could always write a JavaScript version file picker.

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:50 AM