Issue in Object and methods identification @ Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Our application login would be possible done by using user name or by facebook, or by twitter.

I have logged into the application by entering the username and recorded the same by using Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing tool.

After creating and running the load test, I found that it does not have the facebook and twitter images at the recorded requests.

The same way, I could not find some of the methods which are belongs to the login operation are missing at the recorded requests.

may I know the reason for this?

and also could anyone explain me what is the approach used in this performance tool while recording the action?

Please clarify.

Friday, June 20, 2014 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From your message: After creating and running the load test, I found that it does not have the facebook and twitter images at the recorded requests.

Could you tell me when you run the load test, where you find that it doesn’t have the facebook and twitter images at the recorded requests and what these images are. I want to know after you run the web test, whether  the facebook and twritter images were in web Browser.

As far as I know, if you want to find images in web request page, you can check the web test browser of that request in web test result viewer. And images also can be recorded as dependent request.

In addition, you saidThe same way, I could not find some of the methods which are belongs to the login operation are missing at the recorded requests.

I don’t understand what the method is and where you couldn’t find the methods.

I think that you may not understand what the web test and the load test are.

The Web Test: Web tests are used to test if a server responses correctly and the response is consistent with what we
    expected.

The Load Test: Through a load test, we can know the system resource utilization of a server and test how many users the application can handle before performance is compromised and test how much load the hardware can handle before the recourse utilization is exceeded.

You can refer to the following link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2007/12/30/web-tests-work-at-the-http-layer.aspx

If I understood it wrong, please provided us more information about the issue. We will focus on them to help you.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:19 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 9:36 AM