ADO Entity Data Model Designer is not available in VS 2012 RC with EF 5? RRS feed

• Question

• I upgrade VS 2010 to 2012 RC with EF 5 RC, but ADO Entity Data Model Designer is not available anymore. How to update edmx from database with edmx in this case?
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi KentZhou,

I suggest you to repair your VS2012, the 'ADO Entity Data Model Designer' is still available in this version of Visual Studio. I think there're something wrong when you update it. Please look at the picture below.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by KentZhou Friday, July 27, 2012 3:57 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi KentZhou,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

I would appreciate if you could clarify what's the meaning of Designer is not available. Do you mean, after upgrade VS, there's no ADO.NET Entity Data Model item?

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:41 AM
  • there is no graph designer, only text xml editor for edmx file.  Right click on edmx file, choose Open with..., the in popup windows, there is no  "ADO Entity Data Model Designer" available. Not sure if there is any setting for it or it missed from VS 2012.

By the way, I am using EF 5 RC.

• Edited by KentZhou Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:53 PM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:45 PM
  • Hi KentZhou,

I suggest you to repair your VS2012, the 'ADO Entity Data Model Designer' is still available in this version of Visual Studio. I think there're something wrong when you update it. Please look at the picture below.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by KentZhou Friday, July 27, 2012 3:57 PM
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:59 AM
  • Reinstall and repair it and it's fine now. Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by 마틴95 Friday, January 4, 2013 1:37 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by 마틴95 Friday, January 4, 2013 1:37 AM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 3:56 PM
  • Reinstall and repair it and it's fine now. Thanks.

I have been solved this problem just now.

Do not add a new item in App_Data folder. If you make a new item in here, you can see the same before.

I make a new folder in project and then add a new item click. You can see all of item with ADO.NET Entity Data Model.

Friday, January 4, 2013 1:40 AM