Google Maps API v3, when scrolling/resizing IE11 window, javascript error reported RRS feed

• Question

• User1045396132 posted

Hello,

I am getting to grips with Google Maps API within my ASP.NET MVC 3 application. I seem to have encountered an Internet Explorer specific problem (when testing inside VS2012 the error cannot be recreated with Chrome or Firefox).

I have a HTML table listing some customer names. Each row has a "map" button and clicking the button opens a Jquery dialog that is loaded with the Google Map centred and with a Marker at the latitude and longitude for that customer.

With this initial dialog open I can resize my IE window or use the up/down, left/right scroll-bars with no problems.

Now, if I close the dialog and click another button (it could also be the same button), the dialog opens as before, and the Google Map is drawn, however, this time, when I try to resize my IE window or use the up/down, left/right scroll-bars, I encounter an error (this happens even if I close the dialog).

The error is captured by Visual Studio and shown as an "eval code [dynamic]" script, with this piece of code highlighted:

if (a.getBoundingClientRect)
        {
            var e = a.getBoundingClientRect();
            c.x += e.left;
            c.y += e.top;
            lv(c, Ut(a));
            b && (e = jv(b, null), c.x -= e.x, c.y -= e.y);
            2 == X[E] && (c.x -= d[Vb].clientLeft + d[Ip].clientLeft, c.y -= d[Vb].clientTop + d[Ip].clientTop)
        };

Is this an undocumented feature in Google Maps API v3 or IE (in that it works OK with Chrome and Firefox) and I need to wait for a fix?

Refreshing the page inbetween button clicks stops the error from happening.

For some background as to how I arrived at this point, please see the forum post on this site for another Google Maps API issue I had previously: http://forums.asp.net/p/1987467/5702645.aspx?Re+Google+Map+in+Razor+view+map+not+loaded+fully+when+called+a+second+time

Many thanks.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• User1045396132 posted

I found that if I published the Web-application the error was not being reported by my IE11 browser when viewing the live site. It must be the touchiness of Visual Studio's testing environment in spotting the exception.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 12:47 PM

All replies

• User2075212911 posted

Hi,

Have you try this in IE 7 8 9 or 10 version?

As for the issue, it maybe some javascript compatibility problem between different browsers.

Sunday, May 25, 2014 11:20 AM
  • User1045396132 posted

I found that if I published the Web-application the error was not being reported by my IE11 browser when viewing the live site. It must be the touchiness of Visual Studio's testing environment in spotting the exception.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 12:47 PM