none
wcf service application and + client application RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys

i'm newbie on this...

i been reviewing many threads on this issue and and got confused that i do not know how to start and what is the best way to do it so i'm asking for your help

i have a c# application and i would like to protect it with wfc service application

basiclly what i got in mind is a license management service on the server side that replay to clients calls which send it a license request. the client send the serial number of it's board\disk and the service will reply with authorization answer. the data should be transferred secured between client and server

thanks in advanced

Moshe

Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Moshe,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Your issue is about the WCF development and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum to seek for a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 13, 2017 1:43 AM
  • Hi Moshe,

>>the client send the serial number of it's board\disk and the service will reply with authorization answer.

What do you mean by this? Which credential will be sent from client, and how the server will validate the credential?

For WCF Security, there are Message security and Transport Security. In general, we security WCF Service by UserName Password security which is message security, and it validate the client permission by the provided UserName and Password.

#How to: Authenticate with a User Name and Password

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/wcf/feature-details/how-to-authenticate-with-a-user-name-and-password

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 2:01 AM