Space only text nodes get triped in XslCompiledTransform RRS feed

• Question

• trying to use XslCompiledTransform  to transform XML to HTML. In the xml, some times we have one or more spaces between two elements. This space only node is accessible in my DOM, how ever after the transform, the space is striped in the HTML. the preserve space option does not work.
    • Moved by eryang Friday, August 6, 2010 8:24 AM Move to XML forum for better support. (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 3:51 PM

Answers

• Consider to post minimal but complete samples (.NET code to run the transformation, XML, XSLT, output you want, output you get) that allow us to reproduce and understand the problem. I am afraid so far your two sentence description is to vague to tell what is going on exactly, I can only point you to the whitespace section in the XSLT FAQ .
    MVP Data Platform Development My blog
    Friday, August 6, 2010 9:58 AM

All replies

• Consider to post minimal but complete samples (.NET code to run the transformation, XML, XSLT, output you want, output you get) that allow us to reproduce and understand the problem. I am afraid so far your two sentence description is to vague to tell what is going on exactly, I can only point you to the whitespace section in the XSLT FAQ .
    MVP Data Platform Development My blog
    Friday, August 6, 2010 9:58 AM
  • thank you for your reply. I'll try to create a minimal sample.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 2:42 PM